I've had some pretty big posts—big concept posts, I guess—rattling around a while in my brain. But I haven't worked out how to articulate some of these ideas.
So instead I thought I'd steal some beautiful Instagrams from my Posts You've Liked feed (credited with click thru and below ofc) and do a little mind dump.
- I'm not gonna let myself buy from Amazon anymore.
- Kristen Stewart's birthday was this week. I still have a weird thing for Kristen Stewart.
- I have no desire to watch films anymore. Old or new. I went to film school. This concerns me. But only when I allow myself to think about it.
- I want to read Outlander so I can watch sexy Scottish men on telly.
- Where can I buy clothes that aren't made in a sweatshop or from sketchily obtained raw materials? Is it People Tree, Kuyichi, and charity shops for the rest of my life?
- I want to live more sustainably. This blog is really great.
- I've gone off hormonal birth control but I've heard mixed things about the Temperature Monitoring Method. I'd like to not contribute to killing the planet with latex consumption but, knowing me, I'd fuck up the temperature tracking, and then boom, surprise, PREGGO!
- My mom is gonna be really pissed if I stop using toothpaste with fluoride in.
- I need to take better care of my teeth. If I don't watch out, they're gonna all fall out of my head and then I'm gonna have to invest in dentures.
- Cloth pads. Can I do this? For makeup removal & skincare—probably. For periods—ehhhhhm that's gonna be stepping out of my comfort zone for sure. But a step I feel I should try. (I'm not into the Moon Cup thing.)
- I want to shift to only buying from companies that require their suppliers to not test any raw material they sell on animals, not just the ingredients sold for cosmetics. This is going to take a lot of effort and emailing, ugh. Can companies just not be sneaky, that would be great. So far, I have LUSH and maybe Lord & Berry.
- This is going to be a long road.